Friday 11 November 2011

Upcycled Expedit

I saw this picture on pinterest and love the way this Ikea Expedit bookcase has be upcycled to look like a piece of unique vintage furniture.



Images from Pinterest and Ikea


I can't believe I never realised you could buy add ons for the Expedit range like drawer and door units and castors. I have this exact style of unit but in the beech veneer and was thinking of selling it on ebay but having seen this alternative use I love it. All I need is some interesting drawer knobs and and a lick of a nice farrow and ball paint colour, next project sorted.

Have any of you upcycled your Ikea furniture, if so let me know and I'll add them to this post.

1 comment:

  1. what a lovely idea - i'm moving soon and was thinking of chucking my ikea draws - but this is a much cheaper and more fun option!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...