Monday 7 March 2011

Fired Earth Mid-Century Paint

Apologies for not posting on Friday I was a tad distracted by the fact my best friend took me to see Dirty Dancing the musical as a surprise for my upcoming birthday. Having not been to many musicals I wasn't sure what to expect but it was fantastic, the sets, costumes and actors were brilliant and by the end I was singing along to all the songs, I didn't realise how much of the dialogue I knew by heart. So that was Friday, then on Saturday we spent all day coming up with designs for my friends wedding stationery, which I think we've finalised. I'll post it once it's completed. Hope you all had a fun weekend!

Anyway down to the topic at hand. Fired Earth one of the best suppliers of paint colours in the UK has developed a Mid-Century range. So now not only can we have the furniture and fabrics that we love so much in lovely retro colours but we can paint the walls to suit. Below are the shades in the order they appear plus examples of room set-ups; Southbank, Race Yellow, Festival Orange, Skylon Grey, Garden City, Flamingo Pink. Notice all the names are inspired by the 1951 festival of Britain. I particularly love the Southbank shade but that might have something to do with the fab chairs and Ercol table in the image.












(Images from Fired Earth)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...